Sunday 9 September 2012

Day 9 - to Lacock Abbey

After the lovely evening with the gardeners from The Courts on Friday evening, I had a relaxing morning before setting off on the final day of the first leg. I was walking to nearby Lacock Abbey today set in the Wiltshire countryside. 

I shook Paul's hand goodbye in thanks and set off on my way. 


















The walk took my across fields to the nearby Great Chalfield Manor (National Trust) which was unfortunately closed so I couldn't have a look round. 















I continued through more lovely countryside although made a diversion after seeing a sign 'Bull in field, likes dogs, hates people' !! The diversion easily made, I continued along Wiltshire lanes and bridleways until Lacock village was in view. I found the Abbey and was welcomed warmly by staff and volunteers over a cup of tea before I had a sneaky afternoon snooze. Day 9 was done and the first leg of my 'long walk home' completed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment